This Time Last Year - Paris City of Lights

Its been seven months since the pandemic brought the world to its knees. People have locked themselves in and countries have sealed their borders. The end is not in sight. I have been miserable and the mere thought of not having the option to travel disheartens me. Then on a boring evening after work, I started watching the ringarde show Emily in Paris on Netflix and I became nostalgic for the five months we spent there in Fall 2019. We were based in Fontainebleau, a small town outside of Paris. I was working remotely and we would travel to Paris almost every weekend and stay the weekend in the city. In this post, I pay homage to the city of lights. 

I am not into fashion or luxury goods so I did not love Paris for those. I have my favorites in Paris - wine, cheese, fresh breads from the boulangeries and the delicacies from the patisserie, the river Seine, and the adjacent Rue Rivoli, the ornate bridges on the Seine and the breathtaking views from the bridges during the busy daytime as well as the peaceful night sky, the crowded museums and the live street performances. 

Here are some amateur photos that have become treasured memories from our various visits to the City of Lights to keep our spirits up until we can travel again.

 



In hindsight, we were blessed to have had the opportunity to visit the city of light just before all hell was let loose on the world. We managed pretty well for individuals who did not know the french language. Un croissant, s'il vous plaît.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cote D'Azure, Nice, France

Jerusalem - City of David